Call for Change

 
A six letter word...no escaping it...
It stalks you, it nabs you by the throat and shakes you out of complacency...
It is that persistent verb-adjective (verb when you choose to do something, and an adjective when you exclaim it).
It compels you to take those baby steps as a toddler and much latter determines how or where you are in life...


How many times has our inner mind shouted out unable to vocalise for fear of reprimand...
  CHANGE...I say...change


Change is the only constant in life...
How I hate and admire that word...


I have had my battles with change, life defining, soul wrenching....
But...leaving my personal battles aside...

I scream out for one humongous change... I Yell for it, I fight for it, I work for it, within myself and where ever I get a chance ...To leave this world a Safe place for our children


Physically Safe, where children are not scared of being beaten, burnt and abused...


Emotionally Safe, where children are not scared to say what they want to say, to express their feelings with no shame or repression... 

Creatively Safe to explore, create, learn, unlearn, relearn, not dependent on narrow minds to define learning, do it joyfully and with interest...


Sexually Safe to explore, experiment, understand, not be judged, accept, be accepted, but only not get hurt nor hurt any other...

Religiously Safe to follow and find meaning with any form of spirituality that interests and inspires, with no discrimination or disparity, but only through dialogue and discussion...

Organically Safe to live and have access to opportunities, no matter what is their ability or disability, this a matter of discovery rather than a monumental struggle...


Wonderful loving spaces, where children are only gently guided to express their true selves...learning and growing  with their adult...no question ignored, no feeling too unimportant...every ability and inability seen as a scope for understanding...every experience a scope for growth...


Into that Freedom of Space, My Lord let my World Awake (forgive me babu-moshai; Gurudev to many; for this blatant plagiarism)

Very serious stuff, I know...but we are hounded by an immediate past that struggles and we really, really need to make this Change for the Future...

....Emotional Safety and Security for our children..that is the change we should seek...

                                                                                                        ...all else will follow...



 
(and this post is for Stayfree-Time to Change, call for Bloggers)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity - The 3 Diamonds - Tamil folktale

Perspective - The Rose Bush and the Snail (HCAnderson)

Just another day for you and me in Paradise - poem